Apex Earns a New Peak on Best Companies to Work for in Texas List
by Mario Tarradell | October 7, 2022
Apex Capital Earns a New Peak in the Prestigious Best Companies to Work for in Texas Ranking
We just reached a new peak! Fifteen years after Apex Capital began participating in the prestigious Best Companies to Work for in Texas program, we have earned our highest ranking – No. 6. The award, presented at an early October gala in Austin, caps an amazing summer. In August, Apex took the No. 1 slot in the Best Companies to Work for in Fort Worth ranking.
We love the honors, naturally. But perhaps most important is the meaning behind them.
The Best Companies to Work for in Texas rankings, just like the Best Companies to Work for in Fort Worth lists, are established through company evaluations and a survey taken by employees. That survey, which measures employee experience, comprises the bulk of the criteria used to determine the company’s rank. That means that our “Apexers” consider themselves part of a happy family that takes care of our clients and each other.
So, now that we’ve climbed to a new Best Companies to Work for in Texas high, let’s look chronologically at our history with the statewide program.
Apex Capital and Best Companies in Texas: How it all Started
In 2007, a dozen years after Apex Capital opened its doors to help small to medium-size trucking companies optimize cash flow with full-service factoring, company founders David Baker and Dean Tetirick championed Apex’s involvement in the Best Companies to Work for in Texas program. With only one exception, we missed the participation deadline in 2008, Apex has a long history with the statewide ranking. Here is how it all started.
- 2007 – Our first ranking in the Best Companies to Work for in Texas list was No. 11.
- 2008 – No ranking as we missed the entry deadline. We were busy establishing the Apex Fuel Card program, including creating the handy Apex Fuel Finder.
- 2009 – We landed at No. 10, our first Top 10 ranking.
The Next Four Years: Is Apex a Hit Record?
The next four years kept us hovering somewhere in the Top 20, which also featured a couple of Top 10 slots. Over here at Apex, we were starting to feel like a hit record.
- 2010 – We cruised up to No. 9.
- 2011 – And then we hopped to No. 7
- 2012 – Back to No. 10.
- 2013 – This year we hit No. 18.
Knee Deep in the Teens: Developing Tools and Services
Apex is now knee deep in the teens with the Best Companies to Work for in Texas program. During this phase, we also spent a lot of time developing tools and services to better help our clients grow their trucking companies.
- 2014 – Back up we went to No. 8. Also, we formed TransConnect Services (TCS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Apex Capital Corp, and launched NextLOAD, our FREE load board.
- 2015 – We stayed at No. 8. Plus, we introduced the Apex Startup Program and launched the Apex Mobile Factoring™ app.
- 2016 – Now we are No. 18.
- 2017 – And here we are at No. 20.
The Latest Four Best Companies Years: Redefining Modern-Day Factoring
Which brings us to the latest four Best Companies to Work for in Texas years, which also proved fruitful for us in redefining modern-day factoring for our clients so they can stay competitive in today’s digital trucking industry.
- 2018 – We ranked No. 11. We also took home the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics. We are proud.
- 2019 – Here we are at No. 16.
- 2020 – Again at No. 16. Our new digital payment system, blynk®, made its debut.
- 2021 – We landed at No. 11. But that’s not all. We launched 24/7 Factoring, which we like to call factoring unplugged, and TCS introduced Cardless Fueling in partnership with TA®, Petro Stopping Centers®, and TA Express®. This is how we make sure trucking keeps moving into the digital age.
Do you want to work at a company with a great culture that values you? Are you looking for more than just a job in Fort Worth, but a career that allows you to grow and develop personally as well as professionally? Check out our job openings!