How to Write a Business Plan for Your Trucking Company
Have you always wanted to own a trucking company and become your own boss, but you don’t know the first thing about starting a business? We can help you! We’ll explain the elements commonly found in a traditional business plan, give examples to help complete it, and take a deep dive into planning for your trucking company’s finances.
The “How to Write a Business Plan for Your Trucking Company” Whitepaper will help you:
- Determine the services you’ll provide, who you’ll hire, where you’ll find customers, and more.
- Create specific goals and plans for growth.
- Project your trucking company’s costs, expenses, and profits.
- Plan to build a successful trucking company.
Download the Free Guide Here
Please review your entries above and fill in a valid value for each required field.
Watch Our Video Series to Follow Along
Our How to Write a Business Plan video series goes over the key points of writing a business plan to help you get a 360-degree picture of your trucking company.
- Part One: Discover the basics of a trucking company business plan and determine what kind of trucking company you want to own.
- Part Two: Dive deep into your trucking company’s future finances. We explain how you can build a successful trucking company with three important financial projections.
What’s in this Guide to Write a Business Plan for Your Trucking Company
Section 1 | Getting Started with Your Trucking Company Business Plan
A business plan is exactly what it sounds like, it’s a plan for your business’s future. It’s a way to think through how you want to run your trucking business and come up with strategies for how to be successful.
In this section, we’ll talk about some business components in your plan and give some examples to get you started. There’s a Business Plan Template provided when you download the guide.
- What types of services will you provide?
- Who will you hire?
- What products/services do you need?
- What will be your competitive edge?
- What does your industry sector look like?
- Where will you find customers?
- What do you know about your competitors?
- What are your main goals?
- What is your short-term growth plan?
- What is your long-term growth plan?
- What will your expenses be?
- What will it take to make a profit?
Section 2 | Trucking Company Executive Summary and Mission Statement
In section 2, we’ll cover creating an executive summary and mission statement for your trucking company. We’ve included the Business Plan Executive Summary template in the guide. Follow along and complete each field using your answers on the Business Plan Questionnaire as a starting point.
Section 3 | Trucking Company Business Plan Financials
Finally, in section 3, we will go through some financials. There are worksheets to help you create an income statement projection, estimate your revenue and expenses, calculating your break-even point and desired monthly profits.