Oil Transportation Trucking Companies
Starting your own oil transportation trucking business can be lucrative. Of course, you’ll need the right vehicles, team, and funding to appeal to new clients. Staying competitive in a market where companies have been working for years means you’ll need to be careful about making decisions for growth. Thanks to Apex Capital, you can get knowledgeable professionals with over 25 years of experience to guide you.
We’re a freight factoring company that works in all major industries. From helping you cover payroll to getting your company off the ground, we’re there for you.
What Is Oil Transportation Trucking?
Those working in the oil transportation trucking field supply corporations with oil and fuel products. This industry counts on drivers to move thousands of gallons of oil and fuel in a single trip. Special equipment is necessary to fill tanks, store supplies, and drop off orders in the correct locations for client satisfaction.
How to Start an Oil Transportation Company
Looking to start your business on the right foot? Apex has some helpful tips for starting an oil transportation trucking company outlined below:
- Consider the competition: You can learn a great deal from competitors in the oil distribution industry. Review other businesses operating near you to ensure you have what it takes to offer your clients more.
- Map out business plans:Knowing your goals before you start your trucking company helps you focus your energy in the right areas. Think about how large or small of an operation you intend to run. That way, you’ll understand the number of employees and vehicles you’ll require for success.
- Learn from others in the oil space: See if you can find an oil transportation business outside your community. You might learn a few startup tips from someone who has been in the field for years.
- Look at oil hauling trucks: You’ll need to make a decision between buying new or used oil trucks. Figure out how much oil you plan to transport before investing in company vehicles.
- Explore how you can afford business costs: Use a freight factoring company with experience in the oil space to stay organized. Experts at Apex take care of your invoices to help you see cash flow faster.
Common Costs of Starting an Oil Transportation Company
Every oil trucking company is unique, especially state-to-state. How much it costs to kick-start an oil transportation trucking business depends on various factors. These include the type of cargo you’ll carry, the size of the operation you want to have, your equipment maintenance needs, and your hiring requirements.
Other variable and fixed costs associated with oil transportation companies encompass:
- Registering your business with the state.
- Getting a U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) number.
- Protecting oil trucks and employees with insurance coverage.
- Earning and renewing a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Use Apex to Find Freight Factoring Services for Oil Transportation Companies
If you could use some help starting an oil transportation trucking company, Apex is on your side. Our team buys invoices from your trucking company at a discount once you deliver goods. This translates to quicker payment timelines for your staff.
It’s our goal to keep your new oil trucking company successful. We offer the Apex Startup Program to help you become your own boss and freight factoring services for peace of mind.
Reach out to an Apex representative to learn more about how we can assist you.