Large Equipment Transportation Trucking Companies
It takes the right crew and equipment to haul heavy loads. For most large equipment transportation trucking companies, this means moving construction vehicles, building supplies, full-size trailers, and power generators. Construction teams want the best in the business to transport expensive machines. It’s important to build your trucking company from the ground up by paying close attention to detail.
Apex Capital wants to help with your new large equipment transportation trucking company. Partner with us for freight factoring services so that you always get paid as soon as possible.
What Is Large Equipment Transportation Trucking?
Large equipment trucking is one of the fastest growing industries in the hauling world. Companies offering heavy hauling services specialize in moving oversized equipment and materials.
Businesses working in this area must follow strict regulations to pick up and drop off equipment weighing thousands of pounds. People wanting to start a large equipment transportation trucking company must stay in the know to operate within their state’s compliance.
How to Start a Large Equipment Transportation Company
Running a large equipment transportation company requires you to have the right equipment and resources to remain competitive. Review the list below to see how you can best hit the ground running with your new heavy hauling company:
- Choose a name: Your large equipment transportation company should let people know your specialty.
- Search for competitors: Get an idea of the competition closest to you. See how many trucks they use and how much they charge to move heavy loads from point A to point B.
- Establish a business plan: Write a company mission statement and see how you can go above and beyond competitors near you. Your business plan should include the number of trucks you hope to oversee.
- Get the proper licenses: Anyone driving a large truck will require a commercial driver’s license (CDL). You should also check with local and state officials about what licenses you need for vehicles.
- Find vehicles right for you: See what new and used heavy-loading vehicles are on the market.
- Buy insurance: Large equipment trucks are expensive to repair. Look after your investments and workers by choosing an insurance plan that covers your most valuable assets.
- Note how you’ll receive income: You’ll send invoices for every delivery your company makes. Get paid promptly by putting your invoices in the right hands.
Important Costs of Starting a Large Equipment Transportation Company
Some of the most notable expenses for new businesses include:
- Buying trucks and equipment
- Performing routine maintenance
- Getting the permits and certifications you need
- Choosing insurance plans
- Taking on new employees
You’ll also need to apply for U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) and Motor Carrier (MC) numbers before you can transport large loads between states.
Use Apex When You Need Freight Factoring Services
Apex helps professionals in the large equipment trucking field get payments for invoices in a timely manner. You’ll no longer wait weeks to get paid for deliveries. We buy your invoices for a discounted rate and put money in your pocket when you need it most.
Get your hauling business moving according to plan when you count on our experts. We have been working since 1995 to simplify the process of starting a new trucking company. Contact us online to hear more about what we can do for you.