Intermodal Trucking Companies
At Apex Capital, we offer factoring for intermodal trucking companies to increase positive cash flow for their businesses.
What Is Intermodal Trucking?
Intermodal trucking is when goods are shipped to their destinations in special containers. These containers travel on a combination of trucks, planes, trains, and ships. Intermodal containers are heavy-duty steel structures that endure harsh weather conditions. They can fit on various modes of transportation.
How to Start an Intermodal Trucking Company
Before you can create your own intermodal trucking company, be sure to:
- Create an LLC: Registering as a Limited Liability Company (LLC) separates your business from your personal life. This step protects your personal assets during liability claims.
- Get required licensing and permits: Documents you’ll need for your intermodal trucking company include a Motor Carrier (MC) Number, Department of Transportation (DOT) Number, and Unified Carrier Registration (UCR). Intermodal carriers will also most likely be required to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
- Start a business bank account: A business bank account sets your business finances apart from your personal finances. This account makes tracking your company’s expenses and income easier.
- Buy equipment: Your commercial truck, specific trailers, chassis, and sometimes, even the intermodal containers are important for freight transportation. You can either buy or lease this equipment.
- Find freight: You can use load boards to find nearby freight from customers and prevent deadhead runs.
Costs of Starting an Intermodal Trucking Company
Starting an intermodal trucking company comes with many costs, such as:
- Business entity
- Licenses and permits
- Miscellaneous costs
How Apex Helps Intermodal Trucking Companies
When you choose freight factoring services from Apex, we’ll help you manage your freight bills, improve your access to positive cash flow, and help your business thrive. When you come to us, we’ll buy your freight invoices in exchange for instant cash.
Our process is simple:
- Your truck driver transports freight.
- You provide Apex with paperwork for your hauled loads.
- We confirm your delivery with the brokerage.
- After confirmation, we place funds in your business account.
- We collect your payments through the invoice’s life cycle.
- Your customers provide payment details.
- We accept payment and close the invoice.
Plus save money on your trucking expenses, like discounted fuel rates with our fuel cards for trucking companies. Also, you can use the Apex Startup Program to make starting your intermodal trucking company easier.
Advantages of Factoring for Intermodal Trucking Companies
With freight factoring services from Apex, you can expect:
- Immediate funds: We’ll give you instant cash payment for your invoices. You can use this money to pay for fuel, payroll, and repairs and boost your cash flow.
- Endless capital: Factoring your payments expands your customer base, helping you choose loads that pay well instead of fast.
- No added debt: Factoring is different from a loan. You avoid accumulating heavy debt.
- Back office support: We’ll cover your invoice communications, billing, and collections to make your job easier.
Book Factoring Services for Your Intermodal Trucking Company Today
You can manage your intermodal trucking costs with factoring services from Apex. We deliver legendary, high-value services to get our clients the support they deserve.
Contact us to get started with our freight factoring services today!