General Freight Trucking Companies
Are you looking to start a general freight trucking company? If so, Apex Capital can help. Our factoring for general freight companies can expedite your cash flow so you don’t have to wait to get paid.
What Is General Freight Trucking?
General freight trucking is when you transport palletized products either locally or long-distance with an intermodal container or dry van trailer. General freight truckers deliver services like line haul, destination sorting, and local sorting, pickup, and delivery.
How to Start a General Freight Trucking Company
If you want to create your own general freight trucking company, you should:
- Create an LLC: Registering as a Limited Liability Company (LLC) establishes that your business is separate from your personal life. This step legally protects your personal assets from liability claims.
- Get licenses and permits: Some documents you’ll need include a Department of Transportation (DOT) Number, tax identification number, commercial driver’s license (CDL), and BOC-3 Form.
- Open a business bank account: A business bank account separates your business and personal finances. This process makes it easier to track your company’s income and expenses.
- Buy equipment: You should invest in a general freight trailer and a commercial truck that meet your financial and cargo needs.
- Find freight: Avoid deadhead miles by using load boards to find freight from nearby customers.
Costs of Starting a General Freight Trucking Company
Starting a small trucking company with one to two trucks can cost anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000. Many starting expenses contribute to this number, such as:
- Licenses and permits
- LLC formation
- Miscellaneous costs
How We Help General Freight Trucking Companies
We enable general freight trucking companies to better manage their freight bills with our factoring services. We’ll buy your business’s freight invoices and get you funded within minutes. With these funds, you can increase your cash flow and get back on the road.
Our freight factoring process has several steps.
- Your driver delivers a load.
- You provide Apex with documentation of your hauled loads.
- We confirm the delivery with the brokerage.
- After verification, we move funds into your business account.
- We collect your payment across the invoice’s lifetime.
- Your customers provide the payment details.
- We close the invoice after collecting the fee.
Benefits of Factoring for General Freight Companies
Factoring for your general freight trucking company has advantages such as:
- Fast cash: You can receive immediate funds for your freight invoices. Boost your cash flow and stop waiting to pay for expenses like fuel, repairs, and payroll.
- Endless capital: Factoring your payments expands your customer base, helping you choose loads that pay well instead of fast.
- No added debt: Factoring is different from a loan. You avoid accumulating heavy debt.
- Back office support: New trucking companies may need help managing invoice billing, communications, and collections. Our factoring company does these tasks for you.
Invest in Factoring for General Freight Companies at Apex Capital
Take control of managing the costs of starting a general freight trucking company with the services provided by Apex. We provide our clients with fast funds and world-class customer service team members who treat you like family.
Contact us to get started with our factoring services today!