Flatbed Trucking Companies
You can get the financial support you need to start your flatbed trucking company at Apex Capital. Through our factoring services, we’ll get you the necessary cash flow to sustain your business operations.
What Is Flatbed Trucking?
Flatbed trucking is the transport of oversized cargo that doesn’t fit within enclosed box trucks. Instead, these loads are strapped or chained onto flatbed trucks, which do not have walls or roofs like traditional commercial vehicles. Flatbed trucks are durably built with robust aluminum frames and wooden floors.
How to Start a Flatbed Trucking Company
If you’re unsure how to start a flatbed trucking company, the following tasks are a great place to start:
- Create an LLC: You can protect your personal assets in case of liabilities by establishing your business as a Limited Liability Company (LLC), which legally separates your business from your personal life.
- Obtain the required documents: There are many necessary licenses and permits you’ll need to gather before you can start your business — a Motor Carrier (MC) Number, International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) decal, and Department of Transportation (DOT) Number, to name a few.
- Start a business bank account: Opening a business bank account makes it easier to track your company’s financial performance by keeping your business finances and personal finances separate.
- Buy your equipment: Some flatbed trucks have built-in open-air beds, but for others, a separate flatbed trailer has attachments.
- Locate freight: Load boards offer an easy way to locate customers and nearby freight for your company.
Costs of Starting a Flatbed Trucking Company
There are many expenses to consider when starting your flatbed trucking company, such as:
- LLC formation
- Licenses and permits
- Miscellaneous costs
How We Assist Flatbed Trucking Companies
Apex is dedicated to helping you easily manage your freight bills and increasing cash flow for trucking companies with our freight factoring services. We can help your flatbed trucking company by buying your invoices in exchange for fast cash to your bank account.
Our factoring services are simple:
- Your driver transports freight as usual.
- You turn over documentation of your hauled loads to Apex.
- We go through the brokerage to verify the delivery.
- After verification, we transfer money into your account.
- We collect your payments throughout the invoice’s lifetime.
- You pay us for our services.
- We accept the fee and close the invoice.
Benefits of Factoring for Flatbed Trucking Companies
When you book factoring services for your flatbed trucking company, you can expect to receive:
- Fast funds: We can provide immediate cash for your invoices, giving you more money to dedicate to expenses like payroll, repairs, and fuel while increasing cash flow.
- Endless capital: Factoring your payments expands your customer base, helping you choose loads that pay well instead of fast.
- No added debt: Factoring is different from a loan. You avoid accumulating heavy debt.
- Back office support: You won’t be responsible for managing your company’s invoice collections, billing, or communications — we’ll do it all for you.
Manage the Costs of Starting a Flatbed Trucking Company With Factoring Services
To get financial assistance for your flatbed trucking company, consider Apex. Our world-class freight factoring services offer trucking companies the fastest way to get paid.
Get in touch with an Apex representative today!