A Trucking Company’s Guide to MATS 2018
by Hannah Marcom | February 19, 2018
It happens every year. Itâs big. Itâs shiny. Weâre talking about the Mid-America Trucking Show. MATS is the largest annual heavy-duty trucking event in the world. Itâs so large, over 1,000,000 square feet of all things trucking to be exact, that it can be overwhelming. We donât want you to miss out on the real value of attending MATS, itâs best to make a plan and get started early.
Why should you attend MATS?
- All the new stuff is there.
- This is where the industry talks, teaches, learns, and shares.
Preparing for MATS 2018
- Get your tickets. Now. Seriously. You can register for free until Feb 22. If you show up without a ticket, itâll be $10 a person. So, save yourself some money and get your tickets soon.
- Think about your goals. Write them down. Are you thinking about starting your own trucking company? Tired of paying too much for a load board? Ready to grow your fleet? Make a list of things you want to accomplish or learn about at MATS.
- Make a plan. You can browse the companies that will have booths on the MATS website. Compare the companyâs products and services to your list of goals.. Once you know some companies you want to talk to, you can find out where theyâll be and walk around the show floor with purpose.
Come see us!
Weâll be there with our arsenal of full-service factoring experts . Weâll be in the west wing at booth #61104. There you can sign up for our free load board, download our free mobile app, learn how we can help you start your own trucking company, and find out how we help with cash flow and collections.
What to Expect at MATS 2018
- Crowds.Trying to park, trying to get in. Itâll be crowded. We recommend giving yourself plenty of time to get around and bring your patience. With over a million square feet of exhibit space, everyone will spread out, but there are a few bottleneck areas when youâre trying to get in and move around the show.
- Walking.Â Did we mention the million square feet? Thatâs a lot of space, and thatâs just the exhibitor space, not the hallways and everywhere else youâll want to get to. Wear comfortable shoes and charge your fitbit. Youâre in for a lot of steps.
- Freebies.You can get a lot of stuff at MATS. If you want to collect all the free pens, magnets, keychains, and goodies you can, come prepared to carry all that stuff around.
- A lot of information.Â Everyone wants you to remember them. Itâll be impossible to remember it all. So, if you’re interested in a product or service, grab a brochure, take a card and use one of those free pens to make a note on it to follow up.
If you wonât be at MATS this year but still want to know how Apex helps trucking companies with their cash flow and collections call us 855-369-2739 or get started today.